Well hello there reader, you found me! I’ve been waving frantically in your direction for ages, my arm had almost dropped off!
I’m Sharon and I’m delighted to have you here as a visitor to the blog – please feel free to settle in and have a good nose around. Clearly, you’re a fan of Devon as am I, so I’ve a feeling we’re going to get along fabulously.
Muddy Stilettos tottered into the world in 2012 over in Bucks/Oxon, where its founder Hero Brown was struggling to find fun stuff to do in the area. She decided to research it herself and the site was born. The aim was simple: to write a witty but indispensable local guide to the very best restaurants, walks, boutiques, day trips, hotels, interiors and events (whilst also perking up her social life).
Seven years on and Muddy Stilettos is now in 21 counties. There are now over 225,000 Muddy readers who trust our sites to deliver the very best their county has to offer. So as you can imagine when the opportunity arose to stamp a great big Muddy Stiletto across Devon I did what any sane woman would do – and went shopping for the shiniest pair I could find!
Aside from being a television producer and journo, I’m a PA to a three year-old, Cornish born and raised but I’ve lived just over the bridge in Devon for most of my adult life (controversial, huh?). I love rural life by the sea and can’t wait to discover more of its best bits with the help of my awesome Muddy readers! If you think there’s something I should know about, it would be wonderful to hear from you.
I really do hope you love reading the blog; please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my splendiferous free posts delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll then be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the blog:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafés, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @muddydevon.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.