Speedy supper: crab linguine
After a delish fish-dish in less than 10 minutes? Try this pasta hot off the plate from the ocean city's newest restaurant on the block, The Box Kitchen & Bar in Plymouth.
Hungry for a simple-to-prep fishy on your dishy? Try this easy but oh-so tasty crab linguine from Nat Tallents, executive head chef of The Box Kitchen & Bar at Plymouth’s stunning new museum and gallery, The Box.
- 400g dried linguine or spaghetti
- 300g fresh white crabmeat
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 25ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped or grated
- 50ml white wine
- 25g butter
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, well salted water for 7-8 minutes or until aldente.
2. Meanwhile, put the oil in a pan with the chilli and garlic, allow to soften for a few minutes, add the wine and allow to reduce slightly.
3. Add crabmeat, parsley, lemon juice and warm through over a gentle heat. Add butter and season to taste.
4. Drain the pasta, add to the pan with the warmed sauce ingredients, then briefly toss together. Divide among 4 warmed plates and serve immediately.
Can’t be bothered to cook it yourself?
We hear ya! Hotfoot it to The Box Kitchen & Bar (above) at Plymouth’s brand-spanking new cultural museum, gallery and archive, opening Tuesday 29 September 2020. Open 9am until 4pm, Tuesday – Sunday.
The Box, Tavistock Pl, Plymouth PL4 8AX. Tel: 01752 304774